Friday, September 11, 2015

From here on out

Well, it is way past Pentecost and I'm finally back.  On July 19th, Greg and I left our position as Co-Pastors of SouthPark Christian Church to pursue full time ministry at QC Family Tree.  After persevering through a very full summer. we took a couple of weeks to recuperate and adjust.  Almost fully rested, we're easing our way into the next steps here on the corner of Tuckaseegee Rd and Parkway Avenue.

From here on out, I'm going to use this blog space to ask questions, share stories, make commentary, and post updates about life and ministry on our little corner in the Enderly Park neighborhood of West Charlotte, NC.  

Here's what I can promise: honest words, creative imagining, and a little struggle here and there.

Here's what I cannot promise:  great writing, frequent posts, the best blog in the world that results in a book deal and a social media following.

As much as I'd like to be any number of bloggers or artists or writers who have made it big, who have a following, who are known out there in the world....that's just not me.  I may have been a communication major, but I've forgotten how to write (except for writing on a page in a way that helps me to know how to preach from that page and what that means is a lot of grammatical mistakes and weird phrasings).  I may be an artist, but I am a terrible self marketer.  I may have something to say, but I often tell myself it isn't really anything worth sharing.

And so, I'll blog without a whole lot of expectation about how it'll turn out or who I'm writing to and we'll see where it goes from here.

Thanks.
and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment