Monday, February 23, 2015

The problem with pizza

It seems that my #withinonemile challenge will also require me to give up good pizza for the 40 days of Lent.  There is a chain pizza delivery place within one mile of our house.  It isn't the best pizza I have ever had, but it'll do in a pinch.  The other night, we called to order pizza for the slumber party we were hosting.  Hours ahead, we made the order.  The pizza was scheduled to come at 7pm.  At 7:20pm, we started to worry.  Then, we got a phone call:  "I'm sorry.  We made a mistake.  We do not deliver to your street after 6pm.  You'll have to pick it up."  Ugh. Apparently, our neighborhood is not one in which pizza delivery people feel safe at night.  We drove over and picked up our order.
Two nights ago, we made an attempt to make our own pizza and let's just put it this way- we need practice.


1 comment:

  1. Ha, you might be in luck - pretty much the only thing I know how to cook is pizza. I'm so obsessed, I bought a wood burning pizza oven out here in SA, even though we are only here for 9 months!

    Anyway, happy to teach you when we come to stay, and kids love making pizza too!

    ReplyDelete