Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Second guessing

There's almost an entire month before Lent begins and I'm already anticipating.  In the past, I had made a pledge to only buy clothes for myself within walking distance of my house.  What I didn't realize is that I was willing to walk further than the one mile radius I have pledged to for Lent 2015. Less than a half a mile outside of my 1 mile radius stands the delectable Pinky's restaraunt and also the Bi-lo Grocery Store.  I guess in a month's time I'll have to say goodbye to Pinky's for a while.  I hadn't even thought about the fact that I usually work from my choice of several "satellite offices"- hip coffee shops and deli markets.  The closest deli market stands right next to Pinky's.  The closest coffee shop is several miles away.  I guess it'll be home brewed coffee for me.  Man!  I should have made this the "within one and a half miles" challenge.

I like to dabble in the arts.  I am taking a pottery class right now and thanks to The Artist's Way, my inner artist is spreading her wings again.  I'm thrilled to be stretching back into good and healthy creativity.  Uh oh!  The crafting stores are miles and miles away and the pottery supply store isn't in my radius either!  

I've decided, even though it is an entire month away, to keep the 1 mile radius and simply get creative.  I'll admit it:  I've thought about stocking up on all the good stuff before Feb 18.  I'm going to try not too. eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment